Is hair transplant really costly?
March 12, 2018 | By Dr. Sangay Bhutia (Hair Transplant Doctor in Delhi, NCR, India)
There is a general notion that the hair transplant is an expensive procedure and can burn a hole in your pocket but if one analyses the factors on which the cost of procedure depends and also compare it with other modalities of treatment then one finds that this is not completely true.
The cost of hair transplant depends on certain factors, which includes
- Method of hair transplant whether it is FUE or FUT hair transplant.
- Number of hair follicles or grafts to be transplanted. This will also determine the number of sessions it is required to carry out the procedure.
- Nature and severity of the problem (whether it is a primary procedure or revision surgery)
- Experience of the doctor and infrastructure may also add to some cost.
- Whether the procedure is scalp to scalp hair transplant or body hair to scalp transplant.
- If the procedure is more advanced one like beard and mustache transplant or eyebrow transplant.
The medicines given may not be tolerated by all the patients. In other words there may be some side effects also of the medicines.
If medical management is analyzed then long-term cost of medicines in addition to uncertainty of the benefit may cause loss of some finances. Once the medicines are stopped then hair loss will recur and may come to the same pretreatment situation. In other words this recurring cost may be more expensive in the long run. In relation to wigs and hair pieces there is a recurring maintenance cost and one has to keep renewing it after certain period and one has to bear with the unnatural and artificial nature of this.