How To Stimulate Hair Growth After Hair Transplant Surgery?
February, 01 2023 | By Dr. Sangay Bhutia (Hair Transplant Specialist in Delhi)
Hair transplant surgery yields its proper result after 10-12 months and to stimulate or to get optimum result one should be careful and follow certain points.
These are enumerated below:
1. Follow post-operative care instructions: It is important to follow the instructions provided by your surgeon regarding washing and caring for your hair after the procedure. One should properly follow all dos and don’ts so as to get the best result out of the procedure.
2. Healthy diet: Consuming a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals, such as biotin, iron, and vitamins A, C, and D, can promote hair growth. After the hair transplant balance diet is very important which should include adequate protein. We all know the repair, healing and growth of any tissue depends on the protein. Fresh fruits and vegetables provide the necessary vitamins and minerals. So, the message is to take healthy balance diet so that transplanted hair can grow better.
3. Avoid certain styling practices: Avoid excessive heat and chemical treatments, tight hairstyles, and harsh hair products for the first few months after the surgery. After hair transplant the new hairs are delicate and the chemicals and styling agents may be somewhat harsh on them so it is better to you mild organic styling agents so as not to damage the new hairs.
4. Keep scalp hydrated: Keeping the scalp hydrated can improve hair growth and health. This can be done with the use of a gentle, nourishing shampoo and conditioner, as well as a scalp massage. It is very important to take adequate fluids so that one does not get dehydrated. Dehydrated hairs become brittle and the shaft can easily break.
5. Medications: Your surgeon may prescribe some medications which may provide some nutritional support like multi-vitamins and certain amino acids like lysine, isoleucine. The doctor may prescribe some medicine which will help to improve growth of the existing thinning hairs such as minoxidil, to promote hair growth.
6. Seek medical attention: If you experience any unusual symptoms or a slow healing process, seek medical attention immediately.